Translate

Monday 15 October 2018

You are enough -Journal Page

Hi everyone,

Week 42 of France's ALAD/ASAW challenge started last Saturday and I decided that this week I'd try to post as I go along making my piece for the challenge.

The theme this week is 'Talk to my younger self' which basically translates to what we would say to our younger self if we could. I decided a pep talk encouraging my younger self that she is enough just as she is and to be who she is, is what I'd like to tell her.

Layer One: To start off my page  I used Peacock Feathers & Tumbled Glass Distress Paint and then softened it a little with Picket Fence.



Layer two: Stamping. I used a couple of stamps, one by Visible Image called Ink Splats and the other by Prima. The latter was a script/text background stamp but unfortunately I can't recall it's name and it isn't written anywhere on the packaging (sorry). Using Archival ink in both Hydrangea and French Ultramarine, I stamped randomly over my page, doing second generation stamping when I used the ink splats stamp.



Layer three: Dimension. Amongst my stash I have a background I made ages ago using Dylusions Sprays and water splashes. It was just the thing to provide more colour and add dimension to my page. This is the background piece before I started.....


And this is what it looked like after it was added to my page....


I quite like it! But that's it for now. Tomorrow is another day and with that comes another layer. I hope you'll stop lay and see how my journal page evolves from here.

Happy crafting.

Carol. xx










No comments:

Post a Comment