Translate

Tuesday 9 October 2018

Silver Lining - Journal Page.

Hi,

I'm sharing my journal page for France's week 36 ALAD/ASAW Challenge. This week's theme: No one said it would be easy. I decided to take a positive slant on the theme and this is what I created....




I started out with watercolour card and after priming my page with clear gesso, I stamped it with the sound wave stamp from IndigoBlu's light and sound borders set in Hydrangea Archival ink.


I  loved how this image looked once stamped and actually went off on a bit of a tangent for an hour or so, stamping it different colours and directions. Basically just having a play with my new stamp.... I'm not sure if this is an old IndigoBlu set because I picked it up at the NEC hobbycraft show earlier this year for an absolute song! This is the set. I can see tons of possibilities with all of these borders and suspect I'll get plenty of mileage out of this set.

  
Next came some texture. Using a CraftersWorkshop stencil (mini believe script) and, working at 90 degrees to my stamped image, I added some texture paste to my page. 



My next layer was colour: Firstly Tumbled Glass Distress Stain.




Followed by Broken China DS..........


and then finally Faded Jeans DS.


Then my favourite layer, messy stitching. An edge of French Navy machine stitching around the outside of my page.




Now I was ready for my focal point. To create my silver lining I used Plebeo mirror foil sheets along the centre of my stamped image.


Finally, for my sentiment I computer generated my words in blue ink onto a scrap of hand-torn white card and adhered it to the page. Then I tore a piece of vellum, ever so slightly larger than my hand-torn card, and layer this over the top. For some reason I wasn't inclined to ink up the hand-torn card but still wanted to soften the stark whiteness of the card. As I love working with vellum, this was my chosen option to create the effect I was looking for. The rough torn edges of the card and vellum compliment the irregularity of the script too.


I was sooo happy at how this page turned out. It was definitely a couple of those rare days when the image you have in your head actually manifests on the craft mat. This spread was definitely the end result that I had envisage as my piece for this weeks challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and as ever, happy crafting.

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment