Translate

Thursday 4 October 2018

Beauty in Nature - Journal Page

Hi everyone,

todays share was my art journal page for Week 35 of France's ALAD/ASAW Challenge, where the theme was Beauty in Nature. As soon as I read the theme I knew I wanted to use the shaving foam marbled paper technique I'd tried a couple of weeks earlier for my background.

If you've not seen this technique on YouTube then you are in for a treat. It is soooo simple to do and every time I've tried it, it's worked a treat, giving me not only gorgeous marbled papers and card but also papers and card that smell fabulous for literally months afterwards.

Here is my finish journal page.......



And here is the step by step run through of how I createdit.

I wanted my marbled background to be soft subtle greens. So I chose a mix of Pesto alcohol ink, Fresh Lime Dylusions spray and a Stamping Up re-inker in Old Olive.... yes, I mixed them all up in the shaving cream, alcohol ink, watercolour spray and ink and it all worked perfectly together. These are some of the backgrounds I had to choose from for this page.......




 Using a Stamping Up stamp of a maiden hair fern and white SU embossing powder I stamped the image repeatedly around  the outside of my page. Then used Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress Inks to highlight the embossed stamping.......



Now this is where I have to own up. I loved the end result (above), especially as the darker ink blended over the white embossing made the image really 'pop' from the page, but it was going to make my spread too dark.  My next layer was going to obliterate the marbled background and only leave the dark edges showing.  

So choosing another piece from my marbled collection, I repeated the heat embossed stamping but only used a very light touch blending the DI around the edges this time, leaving out Forest Moss DI altogether and gently distressing the edges instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment