Translate

Tuesday 2 October 2018

PO ICAD - New York

Hi everyone,

I've an PO ICAD to share with you today and it's pretty much self explanatory why it's called New York.....

 For perfume aficionados you might recognise where my cityscape came from. Originally it was a DKNY perfume sample. I'm a Jo Malone kind of gal myself but when I was given the sample recently I knew exactly what I wanted it for.

My background is a blend of Vintage Photo & Iced Spruce Distress Ink flicked with water droplets. I blended a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the outside edges to create a subtle border.

I used the same colours of DI to colour my New York cityscape but this time I used the wrinkle free technique, smoothing the cityscape through the puddle of inks on my craft mat until I had the look I wanted.  After gluing it to the background I went round the edge with a Faber Castel Artist Big Brush Pitt pen in cold grey to create some shadow. The windows were created using a black pigment  pen.

Finally a touch of Ranger washi tape & Remnant Rubs for interest and my ICAD was complete.

A fun and simple ICAD. Hope you like it?

Happy crafting,

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment