Translate

Monday 1 October 2018

Elements of a Day - Journal Page

Hi everyone,
still playing catch up (again!) with my posts. Today is another journal page and a France challenge piece (Week 34. Theme - Perfect Day).




I decided to follow the theme by including on my journal page all or at least some of the things that would help make up my perfect day. To start with books... for me no day would be complete without a little reading or at least looking at vintage books or novels. So to get texture on my page I wove some vintage book pages together.......





I love fauna and flora. For me spending a day out in the garden or countryside is bliss, especially if the sun is shinning. So to symbolise this I added some random piece of Ranger botanical washi tape (and a little masking tape for good measure).



No day would be complete for me without a little crafting so this was symbolised by the wash of black & quit. gold acrylic paint and then a scrapping of white gesso. Plus a few more pieces of torn vintage book page (you can't have too many books, now can you)



Apart from crafting I love all things embroidery. Whether it's machine stitching, embroidery, silks, threads, fabrics or beads, I love it all. So there had to be a wee element of this on my spread.

First it was a little machine stitchery around the edges.........



then to secure a lovely piece of lace from my stash.



For my focal element I added a Ranger Alphabet Transparency Tile, warping slightly with a heat gun. My letter of choice was M, the initial of my special someone. Next was a Ranger Mini Plaquette on, coloured with a Titan Buff and a number 13 Remnant Rub. Whilst unlucky for some this is the date on which I met, got engaged and then married my special someone, so it's a special number for me.




Finally no day would be perfect for me if it didn't include snuggling down with a glass of wine, my special someone close and a good film, hence the Ranger filmstrip holding my sentiment in place. (Hmm, should have included some red splatters to symbolise the wine perhaps...lol)

This really was a fun page to pull together and whilst I could have gone on and on trying to symbolise what else could be included in my Perfect Day, I actually was happy stopping here. It covered my best elements I think.

Thank you as always for stopping by and letting me share a bit of craftiness with you today.







Happy crafting,

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment