Translate

Sunday 26 August 2018

PO ICAD: Into the forest I go.....

Hi everyone,

I love, love, love today's PO ICAD.  Just take a look .....


And it really does show that sometimes things don't have to be perfect to be loved. You'll see what I mean in a moment.

If you read yesterday's post, you'll know that I had a puddle of ink left over on my craft sheet from yesterday's PO ICAD: Distress Glaze resist. Not wanting to waste it, I mopped it up on another index card in readiness for today and having enjoyed using the Distress Glaze so much, I wanted to try it through another Ranger Mini Layering Stencil (set 21).

This time I went in a little more heavy handed with the glaze. Actually too much so, because when I took the stencil off my background I could clearly see it was too thick. This left me with a dilemma; do nothing and see if it would work or wipe the Distress Glaze off and risk smudging the outline I'd created by applying it through the stencil. 

Coffee always helps the thought processes ( well, it does for me!) so I headed off to make a coffee and ponder. By the time I returned, coffee in hand, I'd decided to do nothing and see what happened.

Ideally I would have created my trees with some Pickeet Fence Distress Stain applied through the stencil. But as I'd run out of that a while ago I reached for the next best thing, Dylusions White Linen spray. It gave me the effect I wanted for the trees but 'snow' on the Distress Glaze. This wasn't quite what I had in mind.  I wanted the vibrancy of the coloured background to show through the now muted trees. I certainly hadn't intended the wintery scene I had accidentally created.

Trying to wipe the spray off the background with a damp baby wipe, how ever gently done, would only reactivated the spray and 'chalk' the background and whilst this wasn't an unpleasing effect it still wasn't what I had in mind. So I decided to leave it alone and have the illusion of snow falling between my trees. Not perfect but I was happy with it.

My sentiment is a favourite quote of mine that I computer generated and coloured with  Fossilised Amber and Peeled Paint Distress inks. Adding a few water splatters here and there to mimic the snow.

The more I look at this PO ICAD the more I like it...... hope you do too.

Happy crafting

C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment