Translate

Monday 27 August 2018

PO ICAD: Foiled Again

Hi everyone,

I've called today's ICAD foiled again because it's the second card I made today using Ranger Vintage foil sheets. The first one was going really well, that is, until I decided to add just a tad more foil and it became an unmitigated disaster!

But in the spirit of positivity I'll  revise my language.  That earlier card was a practise piece and this card.......



is my PO ICAD for today.... (Smile)

When I made my Burghley PO ICAD the background was created on a piece of card much larger than a basic index card, so I cut it down to size.  This meant that I had enough left over to use as my background for today's ICAD.

Tim Holtz has a video on YouTube where he uses Ranger Sticky Embossing powder with Ranger Vintage foil sheets.  Whilst I have the foil sheets I don't have the sticky embossing powder. But what I do have is a tub of Stampendous Stamp & Bond from eons ago when I use to play with flock powder. I dug it out this morning to give it a try and guess what?  It worked perfectly.... basically it's the same stuff.

So using a Woodware grasses stamp I embossed my image using embossing ink, sprinkled with Stamp & Bond, blasted with a heat gun and swiped over my foil sheet ("ugly side down" as Tim says).



For the edges I replaced the embossing ink with Distress Ink (stormy sky) then sprinkled the Stamp & Bond and that worked perfectly too. I tend to forget that Distress ink has a 'window' before it dries which means it can double as embossing ink too.  

For the card edge I used a couple of foil sheets in different colours... a warm gentle rose gold and deeper coppery tone. They work beautifully together. I really liked the effect.



As a final touch, I went round my flower adding a little shadow with a Faber Castell Artist Big Brush Pitt marker in warm grey. I also used it around the outside edges. I applied it more extensively at the bottom of the card to draw the eye down and accentuate the foiling in the two bottom corners. 

I like this new technique and can see it being used on my journal pages in the future..... I'm learning so much with this PO ICAD challenge. It's great (smile)

Happy crafting

C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment