Translate

Tuesday 28 August 2018

PO ICAD: Circulation.

Hi everyone,

are you like me and find it hard to consign some left overs to the bin just in case they come in for another project or because they are just too darn gorgeous?

Today's PO ICAD is one of those pieces.... it was a practise piece from when I was experimenting with alcohol inks on glossy paper. I have to own up that alcohol inks have never been a favourite medium for me and I'm also not a great lover of glossy paper.... I'm a matt kinda gal. That being said it's testament enough to how much I like this background, certainly enough to keep it from being consigned to the bin!

For today's ICAD I wanted to work with watercolours, so I coated the glossy alcohol ink background with some clear gesso. I was delighted with the matt effect it gave in addition to providing some 'tooth' on the paper. Now that was a happy find.


For texture I added opaque crackle texture paste through TCW mini boulders stencil and let it air dry. Next came drippage in the form of Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain and much drying time. Rather than buffing it off the opaque crackle paste I left the stain coating the paste to tone it down from it's original stark white.

Finally, I went around the outside of each circle firstly with a charcoal pencil activated with a little water and then with watercolour pencils.

This was my first outing of TCW mini boulders stencil in my stash and a happy first finding out that I could use clear gesso to give a matt finish to gloss paper whilst also providing enough tooth for it to take water reactive products... yea!!!

Happy crafting,

C xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment