Translate

Saturday 29 September 2018

PO ICAD: Beautiful Blooms

Hi everyone, 

I think I need to give a huge apology for not having posted for a month!  I actually didn't think it had been that long. Lawd, how time flies.

I've still been crafting away doing my France Papillon weekly challenge art journal spreads and also my own personal PO ICAD challenge, although I have to admit that now I'm much more active the latter have slowed down.  I also took part in at the bi-monthly heART Swap which had Beautiful Blooms as the theme this time. Apart from making three post card swaps I also made an extra one, scaled down to index card size, to include in my PO ICAD collection.

These are my heART swap cards...........





I was totally thrilled at the lovely comments I received for these very simple cards, although I did feel a cheat because they were so simple.  I was asked to share the process I used to create the cards so now you can see just how simple they were to make. It's actually the image which makes these cards.


Firstly I used a plain white piece of 250g card for each card, cut to postcard size. Using Ranger Peeled Paint & Wild Honey Distress Inks I used the wrinkle free technique to create a background. If you're not familiar with this technique there are a million and one videos on YouTube showing how to do it. Basically it entails rubbing ink from the pad onto a craft sheet, spritzing with a little water so the ink separates to form droplets then swooshing or swiping your card through the ink. You can either let the ink blend on the surface of the card and gently manipulate it by tilting the card back and forth or spritz with a little more water and let the water do the job for you..... then heat dry with a heat tool. 

Once my background was dry I splatters a few drops of plain water onto the surface, waited a few seconds then dabbed it off with a dry towel. The ink is water reactive even when dry so the effect is  to create light splatters across the background. The more water you use, the more splatters.

The final touch on the background was to machine the edges with black thread. 

The focal image was a picture from the internet which I printed onto tissue paper, then backed onto more of the same white card with Ranger matt medium glue. The glue helps to blend the tissue paper into the card and also seals the image. Again I machine stitched around the edges of the card.

Finally before mounting the image onto my background I added a layer of torn vellum.  Normally I  ink the torn edges if I tear vellum but I wanted to keep these cards looking fairly light so left them un-inked this time...... And that's it. Very easy & very simple.

Happy crafting

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment