Translate

Saturday 25 August 2018

PO ICAD: Distress Glaze Resist

Hi everyone,

I wanted to try out using Distress Glaze as a resist technique today. It's a product I've had for sometime but not really used (think there is a theme here....Hmmm!).

I set up my background using Fossilised Amber Distress Oxide (a favour go-to colour for me) through one of the mini layering stencils and then 'bumped' the stencil to one side and slightly down, revealing a small edge of the white, before applying the glaze very lightly with my index finger.

Then using the wrinkle free technique with Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Dusty Concord Distress Ink and Forest Moss Distress Stain as my background colours,  I swooshed the index card through the puddle of inks...... gorgeous.  

This is not a colour combo I've used before but I loved the effect.....



Because the stencil is quite small and intricate and I was anxious not to use too much glaze it didn't work too well all over the card but has in places here and there. I also got a bit carried away with spritzing water to my puddles of colour towards the bottom of the card which left some watermarks when I blasted it with the heat gun..... I'm ok with that, as it all adds to the effect.

Out came the Stampers Anonymous Bird Crazy stamp for a focal point. This wee chap was stamped on my background in Archival Potting Soil and then again on a scrap piece of card. He was coloured using some of the ink that was left over on my craft sheet. So too was the Snarky Work sticker that I chose for my sentiment (cheeky, isn't it.)

I added a touch of Glossy Accents to his eyes and edged the card with Faber Castell Artist Big Brush Pitt marker in cold grey.

Hmmmm, now what to do with that left over ink on my craft sheet?

Happy crafting,

C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment