Translate

Sunday 19 August 2018

Day 17. Burghley PO ICAD

Hi everyone,

I thought all was going swimmingly well on the recuperation front and I had planned to have a day out at the Burghley Horse Trials in a months time as a reward. But rather disappointingly my post op consultation this morning has put the kibosh on that. It appears that I've been doing way too much, way too soon and not resting enough....... short of getting up and breathing that's all I'm allowed to do this month! And there was I thinking I'd be exceptionally good and a nice stroll around the horse trials would be fine...Hmmm!

So much to my dismay Burghley is out for this year. As much as I'm gutted there is always next year to look forward to.




I commiserated by making this PO ICAD.  This gorgeous little stencil looks like those beautifully elegant riders that do dressage and my something new was using it today for it's  first outing.

I used the stencil to create a mask (there's no holding me back with making and using masks now) which I then used on my background as I white heat embossed the ledger text from the Stampers Anonymous Etectera stampset.

To provide colour for the background I blended Bundled Sage and Iced Spruce Distress Oxide (love this colour combination) and then added a few water splatters. The white embossing acted as a resist to the DO.

When the mask was removed it left a white space which I then coloured through the stencil with Black Soot Distress Ink, working the colour in with a small finger dauber.

Finally I used Ranger Idea-ology mini alphabet letters to create the name and outlined these with a fine black Micron pen.

Have to say I'm really delighted how this index card turned out. Using heat embossing as a resist is a pleasing technique as it never seems to go wrong and who couldn't like this colour combo (smile).

Happy crafting,

C. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment