Translate

Wednesday 22 August 2018

PO ICAD: Let Go

Hi everyone,

today saw me trying out using watercolours on vintage book pages... Hmm not too successful. I didn't prime my first attempt, so when I came to add water the book page just soaked up the water like a sponge and my watercolours bleed badly.

So if nothing else this PO ICAD exercise is teaching me thing en route.


You might have seen this done as journal page on the internet (sorry I'm not sure who created it originally) but I've always liked it for it's simplicity so when I wanted a quite index card to day this is the one I thought I'd recreate.

Having learnt my lesson and made sure that after gluing my book page to my index card, that I gave it a good coat of clear gesso before I started drawing and adding colour.

I used a black micron pen to draw my images and border and Stamping Up water colour markers for the colouring. The outside border was done using a Faber Castell Artist Pitt Big Brush marker and a little water to create a grey wash.  Glossy Accents gave me a bright shiny balloon.

Happy crafting

C. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment