Translate

Thursday 21 June 2018

Beautiful Chaos - Journal Page



Hello hello hello everyone,

I'd like to share a journal page today, that I started last Sunday for week 25 of France Papillon’s ALAD/ASAW Challenge. As the challenge is a layer a day (hence ALAD), I’ve been working on this page along side one or two other projects this week, but because it’s rather a simple page, I managed to complete the spread before the end of the week.



I took a piece of Daler Rowney watercolour card (300gsm white Aquafine cold press) and trimmed it to 14cm x 20cm so that the finished journal page would fit nicely into my Moleskine art journal. 

Using Stamping Up Watercolour Wonder Crayons (blues from the subtles collection) I added delicate aquatic colours to the page, firstly by activating the colour from each crayon with a little water on a stamping block and then by adding the colour from there onto the page, spritzing with water to aid the flow and blending.



The Las Vagastamp (scribbled circle) is one of my favourites at the moment. Using a Misty Stamping Tool I stamped the image, firstly in Archival ink (French ultramarine) followed by Ranger Embossing Ink to then emboss the image. I used  Stamping Up embossing powder (fine detail transparent)  and a heat gun to heat set the image.


I also stamped the scribbled circle image one more time. This time onto a scrap of card, which I then fussy cut to use as a mask. 

With Stamping Up ink (baja breeze) and a Stamping Up stamp (French script), I lightly stamped the script onto the page but only in the areas where I'd added the aqua blue tones earlier. As it’s easier to get a more delicate, softer print if some of the ink is ‘stamped-off’ onto a scrap of paper first or gently dabbed- off with a tissue before stamping, this is what I did. I also used the script stamp unmounted  rather than on a stamp block.



Next, with the aid of a Stamping Up Stamp Positioner and the same Archival French Ultramarine ink, I added a few random splatters to the page using the Visible Image stamp (Ink Splatters) and the tiny arrow stamp from the AALL & CREATE #39 stamp set.


With Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolour Paints (golden aqua, golden malachite) I coloured in the centre of the circle, gently building up the colour until I was happy with it. When it was dry (I left it to air dry overnight) I applied a thin layer of Range Distress Crackle Paint (clear rock candy) and again set it aside to air dry. I deliberately kept the layer of crackle paint thin, so that the centre of the circle would  be filled with fine crazing. 




I felt a border was needed but didn't want to detract from the delicate feel of the page, so out came my trusty sewing machine to add a single line of white stitching around the page.



To my finish off my page, I added random touches of silver with Pebeo Mirror Flakes and a circle of wire to the circumference  of the scribbled circle. For this I twisted two strands of 0.3mm jewellery wire (aqua green, silver). The wire circle was secured in place over the embossed scribbled circle with Ranger Glossy Accents


My sentiment was chosen from Ranger Small Talk stickers, edged in Ranger Distress Ink (stormy sky) and positioned over the wire using foam pads and a daub of Glossy Accents.

As usual, I'll be adding a tiny date tag with a mini white brad to the top of the page before gluing it into my art journal.

And here's the finish page again. Hope you like it .....



Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Happy crafting,

Carol, xx


No comments:

Post a Comment