Translate

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Nature's Way - Tag

Morning everyone,

today I'm sharing a tag I made awhile ago, quite a while ago actually. It's what I call a paint and layer tag i.e a background with layering on top where the background has nothing that ties in with the items layered on top.




This tag was the end result of a wee practise session with my, then new, Distress Oxides and also at layering, something which always has me pondering and deliberating for ages. You know the scenario;  what shall I use, does this want to be here or up there, no maybe down here instead, and does this look ok or shall I leave it out.... and round and round it goes.

I can't recall now what Distress Oxides I was playing with, but I do know that I spritzed Biscotti Shimmer spray over the top of the blended oxides to get the faint metalic areas that are catching the light in the photographs.  I'll leave you with a couple of close ups........



The label was a piece of ephemera that I had in my stash, as too was the fluffy ribbon that I twirled into tufts.  The number strip was some numbers randomly cut from an old credit card.  The fabric  leaves were too shiny and bright, so I daubed a little Distress Paint (Picket Fence) onto them to soften them.



I love playing with vellum and including it whenever I can. As part of my layering, I stamped a piece of torn vellum using the word Bliss from the Stamping Up stamp set of the same name and then edged it with Distress Oxide Ink (Vintage Photo)



I also layered another strip of torn vellum vertically on the tag. The  edges were again torn and inked as with the previous piece, but this time it was stamped using a  Stamping Up background stamp called French Script, unfortunately now retired.

As ever, I backed the tag with black card and attached my tiny date tag with a jump ring through the ribbon.  This was a mix seam binding dyed with Distress Ink and the same fluffy ribbon from my stash that I used lower on the tag.  The final touch was a couple of stands of jewellery bling to pick up the colours I'd used in the card and the shimmer from the Briscotti Shimmer Spray.

That's it for this post. Short and sweet. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking time to read my post.

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment