Translate

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Another Brick In the Wall - Tag & Journal Page

Hi everyone,

I'm still playing catch up with posting some of my recent bits and bobs.  These projects, a tag and an art journal page, are two that I wanted to share.







In a recent post I mentioned the wonderful Veerle Moreels (A Coloured Mind blog).  Well these two projects were totally inspired by one of her blog posts .  When I watched Veerle's video I was completely in awe. I loved the project so much I was desperate to try it for myself, not least because it introduced me to new techniques. Pebeo gilding flakes/leaves for one. This was a product I hadn't used before and now I struggle not to use it in everything I make!

( Veerle, I sincerely hope you are flattered and not mortified at my blatant copying of your post. So I know where my inspiration came from and to acknowledge your artwork, I've attached another tiny tag to the jumping attaching my tiny date tag).

Please take time to have a look at Veerle's blog and particularly the blog video (https://youtu.be/d3wnNksI8tI ).... you won't be disappointed.

Here are a few more pictures of my efforts........

     
First a couple of pictures of the brickwork on my journal page






The thistles growing by the wall ...... These were stamped in Old Olive Stamping Up Ink, then a little shading with a fine detail paintbrush and finally a touch of SU Dazzling Detail.






The gauze behind the wire was coloured using the same acrylic paint (Indigo Blue) and Distress Ink (Hickory Smoke) that I used to colour both the background and wall.  The mess or wire is gilded with the silver Pebeo gilding flakes I mentioned earlier.  The fine detail glue applicator is prefect to precise application of the gilding flakes.






And finally this is a picture of my tag.... slightly different from the journal page in that I added the title of a Pink Floyd song as my sentiment.  I should mention that the wall  was cut using a Ranger die and the mess is the left over waste once the bricks are removed.




A HUGE thank you to Veerle for sharing her art and inspiration.

Have a lovely day crafting

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment