Translate

Thursday 5 April 2018

Fibonacci Journal Pages

Hi everyone,

earlier this year I treated myself to a couple of Visible Image stamps:

Fibonacci



How Fragile


Visible Image have some amazing and really different stamps but the minute I spotted these two my creative juices went into overdrive. Not least because of a project that Veerle Moreels made using the Fibonacci.  Take a look because it's gorgeous and so original. 

Here's the link to Veerle's post,  Create Your Own Calm and here's my journal page using the same idea.......



           

I wanted to keep my attempt fairly plain as the vibrant colour is  very dominant on the page.



I applied Sweet Poppy pearlescent stencil paste underneath crackle medium which gave a subtle iridescence to the areas of paste that didn't crazed. I used Distress Inks (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke) to accentuate the cracks, mixing it with a little water on my craft sheet and then letting it drip and run down the page over the paste.

 I used a charcoal pencil and stubby to add shading to the curve.




A simple computer generated label backed onto black card.



This is another journal page using both stamps together.........




For this journal page I stamped the Fibonacci curve first, using a Misty Stamping Tool, then heat embossed it with WOW embossing powder (black). I actually did this a couple of times to get a really good embossed image of the curve.  Then I randomly sprinkled more of the black embossing powder around the curve and heat embossed it with my heat gun. I did the same again but this time with Wow embossing powder (white) but only on the inside of the curve.

Again using the Misty, I stamped the How Fragile stamp over the top of the now embossed Fibonacci curve and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Using Stamping Up ink (Rich Razzleberry) and a little water I added  colour  and shading to the white shards.



To imitage fractured glass and to add more texture, I randomly added Distress Crackle Paint (Rock Candy) between some of the shards and set it aside over night to crack and craze further. When dry I used a charcoal pencil around the outside of the curve, blending it outward and away from the curve with a stubby and a Faber Castell Big Pitt Brush marker pen (black) to colour in the centre.





To frame the journal page it was backed with black card and similar to my tags I added a tiny date tag.

I really love all the textures on this page provided by the layers of embossing powder, the crackle paint and depth given by the colouring and charcoal shading.  The later makes it look almost cosmic along the outside of the fibonacci curve.

Happy crafting ....

Carol. xx







No comments:

Post a Comment