Translate

Thursday 12 April 2018

Kindness can Change the World - Tag & Journal Page

Hi everyone,

something a little different today. I take part in an heART Swap every few months and this was one I did recently. The theme was kindness so I decided to create a postcard using the Tim Holtz's world Die by Sizzix, Distress Oxides and Stampendous Fran.tage embossing powders and this is the result......



As it was a while ago when I made the postcard I can't recall what  inky oxide deliciousness I used (sorry). But I suspect there's Wild Honey, Walnut Stain and Spiced Marmalade in the background, Iced Spruce for some of the landmass and Faded Jeans and/or Broken China with Walnut Stain and/or Frayed Burlap for the oceans. These were the only oxides I had then so it will  have been a combination of one or other of those colours.

To pick up some of the lovely warm orange hues from the background, I decided on Aged Gold (an opaque embossing powder) to create similar warmth elsewhere on the card. To do this I randomly touched a Versamark ink pad to various places on the die cut, added the embossing powder and heat set it with a heat tool.

The range of embossing powder I used was Stampendous Fran.tage embossing powders which comes as a set of five in a kit.  They are all really lovely to use.  The colours in the set are: Aged Silver (opaque), Shabby Blue (opaque), Shabby Pink (pastel), Shabby White (opaque) and the Aged Gold, which I used in this project.

I doodled a freehand border and the sentiment using a Micro pen (black 01). The sentiment, 

            "Never deny that a simple act of kindness, 
             however small, can  help to change the world"

was one I made up. I wrote it freehand trying to follow the curvature of the world.

As I had an extra die cut world left over I decided to make a tag and practise a little more using the same Distress Oxide combo. 



As you can see the tag is very similar to the postcard but on the tag I limited myself to just the Distress Oxides. My sentiment was computer generated this time but made a little shorted to fit the tag. Again, a touch of random doodling around the edge and also the sentiment boxes.

Although the picture doesn't show it, I did make my usual tiny date tag which I attached to white seam binding dyed with DO (Faded Jeans) to match the background.

I really do find the chalky finish of Distress Oxides very appealing and satisfying to work with. Whatever the colour combination they all blend gorgeously together and work equally well on their own or mixed with Distress Inks.... Well done Ranger.

As ever, thank you so much for stopping by.

Happy Crafting

 Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment