Translate

Friday 13 April 2018

Heart - Journal Page

Hi everyone,

I made this journal page earlier this year, January in fact, but I held back posting it until today (it's the last of my catch-up posts) because of the heart and the date.

Friday 13th is a superstitious date for some but not for me. I met, got engaged and married on Friday 13th, so it holds entirely different connotations for me.... happy ones. 




Another reason is that as I've been playing catch-up posting my work from earlier in the year,  I've been filing them away to make room in my craftroom. My tags go in these.....


Tag storage boxes. I make one a year, covered it in Tim Holtz's Botanicals 12 x 12 paper pad and the tags of that year hang inside, on tiny coat hangers, like clothes in a wardrobe.  




The tiny coat hangers thread easily through the back of the ribbon at the top of each tag.


Any loose journal pages I make get pasted into my then current Moleskine Art Journal.

This journal page was a very easy and simple make, but one that I was happy to have left lying around in my craft room until the very last.  

It ticked all the right boxes for me:  I love the blending and mix of Payne's Grey and Indigo together,  not least when I'm using watercolours. The Sweet Poppy pearlescent stencil paste is a frequent go-to of mine (I'm sure you've noticed), the subtle shimmer is so soft and doesn't dominate a project and yet addes dimension and interest. The stencil I used for this page was a CraftersWorkshop 6x6 stencil (Mini Specimens).



The top layer on the page was a small piece of test card from an earlier project, backed onto to black card and held in place with dimensional foam pads. The gauze was coloured with a wash of  the same indigo watercolour paint used on the page. 

The coloured wire, from my stash, was wound round the cap of a  bottle to form a circle and then glued in place with Glossy Accents, along with the gauze.  The tiny heart was coloured using Stamping Up marker pens (I made a batch of these at the start of the year and can't recall the colour combo now... sorry). It has a thin glaze of  Ranger Crazing Collage Medium on top to give it some texture.  Again, Glossy Accents was my preferred choice of glue to secure it in place.

So that's my lot...... I'm up to date with my posts now.  This is what they looked like or at least some of them looked like, a couple of months ago;  stacked up, waiting to be finished off and/or posted.   




Guess what?  I now have a clear shelf and plenty of room for new projects... YEA!!!!

Have a wonderful day and don't give it a thought if you're superstitious about it being Friday 13th. Lock yourself away and play with your inks, paints and paper.

Happy crafting.

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment