Translate

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Calm in the Storm - Tag

Hi Everyone,

this is another rainy day tag from late January....


The top layer was a scrap of card that had been lying around on my desk from an earlier project.  Originally it had been a test piece   but I liked it too much to consign it to the bin when that project was finished and it had been floating around ever since. I decided to make use of it by layering it onto a tag.

Using 300 gsm white card, cut to the size of a Ranger #8 tag, I smooched it with Ranger Distress Oxide Ink (Hickory Smoke) and then dripped Windsor & Newton Cotman Watercolour Paint (indigo) down it, to create my background.

Next, using Pebeo Mirror Effect Gilding Leaves I added random touches diagonally across both the background and the top layer.


My label was computer generated and edged with Hickory Smoke before being backed onto black card and layered onto a piece of gauge, which was also coloured using Hickory Smoke.

Finally to add a pop of colour, I added one of my tiny red handmade hearts, backed my tag with black card and added my tiny date tag to ribbon from my stash.

I loved how the well the indigo worked with the chalkiness of the Hickory Smoke and the effect the Pebeo gave splashing diagonally across the tag. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll do so again.

Happy crafting...

Carol. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment