Translate

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Way to my Heart - Journal Page.

Hi everyone,

I've had a bit of a run using the Sweet Poppy Pearlescent Stencil Paste and decided to add a rougher texture to my next project, a journal page. 

I dug out my Ranger Grunge Paste which has been in my stash so long that it had to rehydrate before I could put it through my Ranger Layering Stencil (Rays).


I wasn't sure whether I'd the Grunge Paste after the smoothness of the pearlescent stencil paste but, when it dried, I really liked the effect. To accentuate the texture and roughness  even more I used Windsor & Newton Cotman watercolour paint (Payne's Grey) over the top. Then more W&N watercolour paint (Indigo, Sap Green) mixed with water for drippage, allowing it to track alongside the dried Grunge Paste and puddle to one side.


Yet again I decided on a heart as my focal point (I can't seem to stop making them).  A piece of scrap card was coloured using the same W&N paints as the background, edged with a Faber Castelle Big Pitt Brush Marker (black) and covered with Ranger Distress Crackle Paint (Rock Candy). I left it to aid dry and curl.  Whilst it was drying I also added a daube of Rock Candy to the background where I wanted my heart to go. 




I was thrilled with the gorgeousness of how the inks blended and the chalky rough texture of the Grunge Paste....but I really must stop adding hearts to my projects!

Thanks for letting me share this post with you.

Happy crafting.

Carol. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment