Tuesday, 10 March 2015

An update ……

I mentioned yesterday that I hadn't been idle over the last month so I thought I would share some of the things I’ve been doing lately.  Grab a coffee and get comfortable as it's a bit of a marathon post:-

Firstly I was asked if I would make a baby picture for a friend’s new baby boy and decided to work on the theme that I’d used towards the end of last year.  This is one of my the original pictures…. 

As you can see it’s tiny butterflies and pearls made into the shape of a heart with an ombre colour theme to match a Moulton Brown candle I was given as a birthday present.

Once I made one I was hooked and made a few in different colour themes.  I have an old Sizzix die that cuts and embosses three different sizes of butterflies.   which was perfect for these pictures.

                I adapted the theme to 
                   make a baby buggy in shades of blue and added a label with the baby's details underneath:-

So that was project one.  Next was more to satisfy my desire to have a go at a pop up card.  

Here is a 50th birthday card I made after looking at various video tutorials   on Utube…..there are plenty out there to choose from so you can’t go wrong with these cards.  

They're a lot easier to make than they look and my friend was delighted with the one I made for her. As it was a little bulky I decided to made a box and popped it in that.

The banner was made from folded and trimmed washi tape and a couple of Starbucks coffee stirrers, embellished with a couple of hand tied bows.

The cake itself was a die cut which I pieced together and glittered. A couple of white feathers set behind it added a softening touch.

The diamante 50 is something I had in my stash but it was originally bought from a cake decorating shop.  I saw it and thought I could make use of it on a card...... et voila!  

The larger 50 was traced freehand onto card-stock, cut out, 
sanded and then sprayed with glue and glittered.  I then 
attached it to some strips of plastic packaging (from a 
recent Tim HoltzIdea-ology purchase).  I tied a tiny bow 
from some pale pink ribbon I had in my stash and popped 
it onto the numerals with a glue dot.

The basic card was blue card-stock layered with Bo Bunny designer paper.

Ok, so what next.... well more cards I'm afraid:-

A couple of Baby’s first Christmas cards for a new Grandmother…. yes, I know it's a bit late but who am I to question! 

These little ones were born in late December and their proud Grandma wanted them to have (somewhat belated) 1st Xmas cards for their Memory Boxes… so I set to and these are the cards I made.

I embossed a bauble in white embossing powder and then added either pink or pale blue half pearls, a die cut snowflake which I glittered in white and a simple organza hand tied bow.

All that was needed then were a couple of boxes with a personalised belly-band to pop them in.

Next on the cards (pardon the pun) was a 60th Wedding Anniversary card for a member of my family.....

A couple more pictures.....

 The card base is 300gm white pearlescent card layered up with Centura pink pearlescent card on mirror board. French Guipure lace and wide white taffeta ribbon went across the top of the card. A single SU ribbon rose in the centre of the bow finished with a pearl.

The numerals were chipboard sprayed with glue 
and doused in glitter. The bells were up-cycled 
from another card with a tiny half pearl added to

Thank you so much for popping by.  There's still a little more for me to share with you but I'll save that for another day.  Hope you've enjoyed what I've shared this time and hope to see you again soon.

Bye for now and happy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment