Translate

Monday 9 March 2015

March Tag - 12 Tags of 2015

Hi everyone, 

Where has this last month has gone..... although I've not popped anything on my blog it certainly doesn't mean I've not done anything.  There's been a whole host of cards, a new baby picture and some wall art for my craft room BUT more of that later.

If you haven't seen Tim's March tag then you're missing out. It's amazing and I couldn't wait to have a go myself.  So here's my take on this month's tag.........

All the techniques to make the tag are on Tim's blog, as always.  I chose Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserve (adore this colour) for my Distress Paints and added a Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paint called Tinned Peas (what a great name and bob on with the colour) to finalise my colour combo.

My bees were embossed in clear fine detail embossing powder after being stamped in  black Airondack ink.  I used a deep purple pearlescent embossing powder for the textured paste as it seemed to work well with my paint combo.




I didn't have a mini numeral so I used one of Tim's adhesive industrial letters instead and added a couple or three Idea-ology rub ons for a little more interest. 




 I love my ribbons but isn't it always the way that you've never got the colour you need..... well normally but not today.  Not only did I have the perfect colour match in some gorgeous taffeta in my stash but also in some Baker's twine too...result.




I used "embrace imperfection" because it was only when I went to have a look at the embellishments Tim used on his tag that I realised that I'd forgotten to use the tissue tape.... it was sat right next to me on my work desk! Rather than set to and make another tag I decided it just didn't matter. The rub-ons would have to do.


As usual I backed my tag with black card-stock to frame it, adding a copy of Tim's tag of the month on the back for future reference and made a small trinket out of Tim's logo for the 12 Tags of 2015 and added this to a jump-ring threaded, which I threaded  through the ribbon at the back.

I am delighted with my efforts this month...thanks as ever to the Maestro.


Happy Crafting
Carol.x

No comments:

Post a Comment