Translate

Saturday 18 April 2015

April Tag - Tags of 2015

Hello, 

I'm back from honeymoon and definitely back down to earth! But the lighter nights are here,  I brought a little  sunshine home with me and I'm surrounded by my crafting bits and bobs again, so all is wonderful in my world.

I really missed not being able to "play" whilst I was away (apart from writing my holiday journal and a couple of sessions in my art journal), so it was fabulous having Tim's April tag to present me with more than a wee challenge as soon as I got back. But working out how to recreate the tags without the stamps, Distress Markers, spriter tool, kraft card-stock, embellishments or the dies is all part of the fun.  

Here's my offering for this month's tags:-





I love the simplicity of the Jofy stamps and decided to use a similar  image to one from the Jofy Collection 16 for one of my tags, so I set about drawing the image freehand.  For the second tag I used a dog rose stamp which I believe is a SU stamp.




 I used SU pens for the painting and although the backgrounds  are shades of pale blue unfortunately it doesn't really show up in the photographs (perhaps a hint in the first tag) nor do the rusty orange stamens in the rose..... C'est la Vie. 

The word Life was again drawn freehand and  then cut out using a craft knife ...... carefully ! The other words were created with a Rangers rub on for one tag and a philosophy band for the other.

I really loved creating the black splatters with Indian Ink, so I decided to edge one of the tags with black soot Distress ink, which in turn led me to use black card-stock to back the dog rose tag. I used coloured pearls instead of dyed stars as Tim did but I will definitley be investing in some of these as I think they make fabulously versatile embellishments. I love anything that I can dye to match my project..... oh, and Distress Markers are also on my (ever growing) wish list. 

Have a great week crafting......

Bye for now,

Carol.x 

1 comment: