Translate

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Wedding Tag - Sneak Peak II

I wanted to add more dimension to the background of my tag but still keep it very soft and feminine. After a moment of dilemma trying to decide whether to use clear embossing powder or white, I finally elected for the white as I though it would keep the delicate look I was trying to achieve.

Using my Stamping’ around wheel, an SU stamp and white SU fine detail embossing powder I embossed swirls and scrolls across the face of the tag. I was delighted with the result ……….







Next I hand drew an elongated heart as a template, cut it out in 280gm white card stock and then glued on a couple of layers of white Mulberry paper to give it interest. 






When I went round the edge of the heart with Picket Fence Distress Paint I loved the look of the slight sheen on the edge as the Picket Fence dried. To try and keep this look I decided to emboss the edge of the heart.  With a Versamark pen to outline I then embossed with the same fine detail white embossing  powder that I used on the background of the tag.




This is the result…….. I hated it!  It suddenly made the heart look heavy.

So it was back to the drawing board. I turned the tag over and again glued on a couple of layers of the White Mulberry paper and  again edged the heart with Picket Fence.  

BUT (and here came my happy accident) as I was trimming away the Mulberry paper from the edge of the heart, I was taken by the halo effect the paper gave as it caught the light. So I made the decision to mat my heart on a piece of Mulberry paper slightly larger than the heart itself.


I dampened the edges of the Mulberry paper with water and gently “teased’ the paper until it left a slight fluffy edge surrounding my heart.



To create a couple more mats for my heart, I firstly cut an oblong of white card embossed with tiny wedding script in silver  and then an equal sized piece of heavy vellum. I tore around the vellum  and then gently swiped with Picket Fence Distress Paint to highlight the uneven edges.


And, frustratingly that's as far as I got tonight................. Don't you just hate it when bed calls because  there's work tomorrow when you want to stay up and play! C'est la Vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment