Translate

Monday 16 February 2015

Wedding Tag - done & dusted



I thought I’d be posting my finished wedding tag well before now…. just wasn’t going to happen! What with a few commissions taking priority, a 50th birthday holiday treat to organise and celebrate, final wedding plans to deal with and the ever present day job, it’s taken until now to get a moment to myself to complete the post.

Even though I had all  my pieces and embellishments for the wedding tag ready to assemble  the final composition eluded me.  In the end I decided that  it was the background of the tag that was putting me off.

The basic technique and pale blue colour was fine but because I used manilla card-stock for the tag, the manilla colour was showing through giving the tag a slight yellow tinge.  It needed to be white to off set the cool, pale blue of the background and the white of my embellishments. So it was back to the drawing board but this time with a tag cut from ultra white card-stock…… definitely better and I loved the end result.




I machine stitched a line of lace down the LHS of the tag, then added a square of white card embossed with tiny sliver wedding ceremony text which I over laid with ripped vellum edged with Picket Fence Distress Paint to emphasise the uneven edges.





I used the same wedding text card-stock as the base of my heart which I covered with a couple of layers of Mulberry Paper to soften the look and add a bit of texture to the tag. To add dimension I raised the heart on a couple of dimensionals.  Before securing a Philosophy Label with a couple of white brads across the heart, I lightly swiped the top of the label with Picket Fence Distress Paint … the paint catches in the etched wording and mutes/softened the look of the metal.



As the number 13 has personal meaning to my partner and I, I gave the same treatment to a Number Brad and secured this to one side of a white organza bow which I tied across the bottom of the heart, hanging a small heart embellishment from the knot of the bow.  I layered SU rose ribbon on top of the organza ribbon, embellishing the centre of each rose with a white pearl.




To add a few final touches to the tag I added tiny seed pearls to the swirls and flourishes on the tag plus a couple of pearlescent stars here and there.  A small label at the bottom mentions the date of our BIG DAY.  




Before tying a triple white taffeta bow to the top I backed the tag onto silver mirror board… the thin silver edge works well to frame the main tag, don’t you think?  My final touch was to add a couple of pearl drops to hang from the knot of the taffeta bow AND added a copy of my intended vows on the back………







I'm framing the tag in a white shadow box so my vows will still stay secret until the BIG DAY..... YEA!!!




Happy Crafting everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment