Translate

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Wedding card commission.

I  love making Wedding or Civil Partnership stationery so when I was asked recently to make a wedding card I was delighted... any excuse to play with my stash of Guipure lace.

This is the card I made............



It's a largish card (18cm x 18cm) using 250gm pearlescent cardstock as the base. I cut another layer of the pearlescent cardstock on which I layered a gorgeous cream fourish paper from SU, nipping all four corners of both layers before popping it onto dimensionals and attaching it to the base card.


Here you can see the fine organza ribbon with the heart shaped
edging, doubled up and decorated with tiny cream pearls.

Using doublesided tape I secured the gorgeous leaf Guipure lace trim to the top of the uppermost layer. With a piece of sheer cream ribbon edged with tiny hearts cut slightly wider than the card, I first folded it in half  and then secured it with double sided tape to the top edge of the Guiplure lace trim ( with the fold of the ribbon uppermost and the tiny hearts, now doubled up, on the bottom edge), and wrapping the two cut edges  into the inside of the card.  As I always use a matching insert inside my cards the wrapped edges are hidden by the insert and don't show.  Finally I finished off the top edge with a row of tiny cream pearls.


This picture shows the lovely SU cream flourish paper that I used.
It also shows the tiny little cream half pearls I used on the die cut.

The next layer was cream pearlescent cardstock die cut using the second largest  Nestabilities  Fleur de Lis Squares, with the text computer generated in a pale grey.  I toyed with the idea of inking the edges of the die cut but in the end decided that the card was going to look fussy enough without that so limited myself to adding a few tiny cream pearls to the corners of the die cut, before popping it onto dimensionals and positioning it in place on the main card.

You can see the layering and
snipped corners in this picture.


For the lace collar behind the double bow, I used  four leaves cut from the Guipure lace trim and secured them in place with a little hot glue. The cream leaf-shaped hat pins (with a couple of loose cream pearls added to the stems) I secured through a dimensional and then hot glued the double bow that I made from 11/2 "wide cream tafetta ribbon on top.

Hope you like it............


Carol. x



No comments:

Post a Comment