Translate

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Birthday Commission

We had visitors to stay this weekend and along with that came the request 'could I just run up a quick male birthday card' whilst they were there.  As the weekend events left absolutlely no time to craft I had to come up with a tried and tested card that I could rattle off quickly and this is it.....


I use this card as one of my wedding stationery protfolio so I can make it with my eyes shut now.  I decided that rather than make this one as the usual pocket invitation, I'd adapt the front of the tux to be the front of a normal side-opening card.

Base cardstock?...... guesses on a postcard... seriously, the usual pearlescent 250gm cardstock I love to use. The black striped cardstock for the trousers is SU cardstock, which unfortunately is now retired.  Bright red double sided satin ribbon was used for the cummerbund, with black grosgrain ribbon for the bow tie.The rest was a little scoring on the scorebroad for the front of the shirt and a snip for the neckline and Bob's your uncle.


A simple  'Happy Birthday' was requested for the front so I resorted to the Happiest Birthday Wishes stampset from SU, which I stamped in SU grey, again on the cream pearlescent card.

Hope you like it.........


Carol. x

No comments:

Post a Comment