Translate

Wednesday 1 August 2012

90th Celebration

Can't believe how long it has been since I last posted but I've been busy training to become a Celebrant and making bereavement stationery.  A whole new venture and the journey into bereavement stationery is more than  a slight departure from the bespoke wedding stationery I usually make.

On a slightly happier note these are some invitations I made for a very special lady in my life who is about to celebrate her 90th birthday.  Very simple cards but sumptuous Guipure lace is so beautiful it doesn't need much to make a gorgeous card.



I used my usual 250gm pearlescent cream cardstock for the base card and computer generated the text for the embellishments.  I cut and embossed the top layer of the embellishment in the same cardstock, using the smallest die cut from  Nestabilities long classic rectangles.  Using double sided tape, I layered this onto silver mirror card which I cut slightly larger to leave a small 5mm border round the top cream layer.



The Guipure lace trim was cut to size and added to the top of the card with double-sided tape. On the larger invitation I used a double layer of the Guipure lace slightly overlapped. and a single layer on the smaller RSVP card.



 Apart from nipping the front corners of each card to mirror the scallops in the Guipure lace  and adding inner linings, also in cream pearlescent paper to match the cardstock, that was it!

Hope you like them.


Carol. x



No comments:

Post a Comment