I mentioned in my previous post that I'd made three journals/albums recently, this is the second one.... a Loo Roll Mini Album ( I think some people prefer to call them TR Vertical Mini Album).
|There are actually two silver leaves hanging from|
the silver daisy charm but one is hidden from view.
I came across these little albums whilst surfing the net and was so fascinated that I decided to have a go making one for myself. BUT true to form I couldn't wait until I saved up six loo rolls, so I improvised and made the loo roll casings using SU cardstock. It was easy enough to do and at least this way it made sure all the casings were the same size unlike different makes of loo rolls.
|You can see the Rich Razzleberry cardstock |
I used as my base for the pockets and the tags.
I then matted various designs of SU paper on top.
I also decided that I wouldn't cover the loo roll casings but leave the colour of the lovely cardstock showing and use it to off-set my matted layers on top. Most loo roll mini journals use 6 loo rolls for the inside pockets but I decided I wanted mine a little fuller. Using the cardstock casings instead of loo rolls, which are thicker cardboard, meant I was able to double my pockets to 12.
|Here you can see all 12 pockets and inserts|
I used various papers from SU to mat onto the casings and connected them to the spine with the 'Stack the Deck' hinge system. It took a little fiddling with the measurements but it worked out perfectly for the space I'd given my self for the spine.
The inner tags were all cut from the same coloured cardstock as the casings but matterd up with a little delicate pink paper from my stash. At the top of each tag I cut a scalloped circle in paper that matched the paper layered on the outside casing of each pocket.
I folded each scalloped circle in half over the top of the tag, then I used the SU tab punch to create a tab from the coloured cardstock and stuck one of these over each of the scalloped circles to make the pull for each tag.
The cover was also covered with SU paper (same paper inside and out) with a tiny magnet for the closure. A little cream Guipure lace formed my decoration on the outside with a couple of lace leaves, fussy cut, to hide the magnet (I only decided to use magnets to close the mini as I was half way through fixing the paper to the outside of the cover, so it was a little too late to hide it under the paper....groan!... so I had to resort to Plan B and use some of my lace.). When the cover is closed these lace leaves are hidden.
I also used a little SU 3/8" cream & Rich Razzleberry taffeta ribbon on the outside too. Originally I was going to use jumbo eyelets on the top of the cover to thread my ribbon through before tying the bow but decided in the end that they might look a little too heavy and tied the ribbon around the top of the cover instead.
The daisy clasp was from my stash, to which I added a couple of silver leaf charms to hopefully tie in with the lace leaves.
Hope you like this mini album. It was soooo easy to rattle off that another might be in the making soon. I'd love to hear if you have any comments, so please feel free to leave me any.