Translate

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Christmas Tags

Christmas in June!  Yes, I know, that's forward planning gone mad.

I do like to be organised but today wasn't about being organised for Xmas, it was about making a tag I'd fallen in love with on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoOwViD0_Y&feature=related ) and as the stamp set arrived yesterday  that was all the incentive I needed have a play last night.

So here are my attempts.... a little different from the original tag you'll see on Linda's video link but I'm pleased with how they turned out .








I did a couple of things slightly differently from how Linda did them in her video:-

Firstly I took the ribbon around the back of the tag and secured it at the front so that the join was hidden by the stamped triangle that went on top. I also used a piece of silver open weave ribbon secured over the top of the coloured ribbon.

 I embossed the text once I stamped it, as I thought this would add a little extra finish.



I added glitter to my rosette after I cut and scored it and eased it into shape but before finally securing the folds in place with double sided red tape and fixing it to the circles.

What else did I do slightly different... Ermm, I used organza ribbon to make a small ribbon rosette on which to glue my glittered snowflake. I wanted to soften the tag up a little and I adore ribbon, so no other excuse needed.  A small bit  of bling or a pearl went into the centre of each snowflake too.






Finally I tried to make shrink plastic charms for attaching to my ribbon at the top of each tag but I didn't like the way they turned out ( definitely more practise needed there!) so I resorted to some tiny bells I had in my stash and tied a couple of them with silver elastic to the ribbon instead.

I'd love to hear any comments you have so please feel free to send me a quick comment if you have time.

Hugs,


Carol.  xx
 Stamps: Oh Christmas Tree (JustRite)
Ink: Baja Breeze & Real red (Stamping Up) Stormy Sky Distressed Ink (Tim Holtz)
Dies/punches: 1" plain circle punch (Friskars) scalloped & picket fence edge punches    
                         (Marianne)Snowflakes(Spellbinders)
Papers: Background papers from stash.
Accessories: Blue satin, wide red grossgrain & white organza ribbon (The Ribbon Girl), narrow red & blue ribbon (Stamping Up),  pearls and gemstones (Meiflower), tiny bells (Stash). Clear embossing powder (Stamping Up)



No comments:

Post a Comment