Translate

Monday 18 June 2012

Toby's Christening Cards & a Birthday Card

Hi again,

three cards to share with you this time.  A couple of Christening card and birthday card.

I really agonised over the Christening card as it was for a lady I didn't know and didn't have the opportunity to talk to myself.  I had absolutely no idea what she wanted other than it had to be a big card, non religious and boxed.  So I decided to make a lavish one and a plain one and give her the choice. Here they are:-

Firstly the lavish.....





This card measures 19cm x 17cm, so for me it was HUGE!  My base cardstock was pearlescent white matted with silver mirror card then layered with some very pale blue patterned paper.





The Fleur De Lis Square die cut was inked with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink and dotted with a few pearls then popped onto dimensionals. A plain square, cut in the base cardstock, was popped on top of the die cut, again with dimensionals.  The text was computer generated in a pale grey colour.





The whole topper was off-set to make room for the wide taffeta ribbon which I tied in a double bow and positioned over the top of the lace on the base layer but just underneath the topper.  Finally a couple or three pearls in the top left-hand corner of the card to finish it off.  A very easy and simple card but not quite as quick and simple as the next one..........





For this one I used the pearlescent card stock in cream but this time I cut the card slightly smaller (15cm x 15cm).  I wrapped wide cream taffeta ribbon round pale blue card stock then nipped the corners with my Friska's corner punch, before matting it onto the cream base. A pale blue pearl went into each corner, into the gap neatly left by the nipped corners in the blue cardstock.



Using the Fleur De Lis Squares dies I cut a smaller frame this time and again computer generated the text. I can't resist pearls so although this was to be a less 'flamboyant' card I needed to add just a few more so a couple of tiny cream pearls were added around the frame.

And which was the lucky card...well actually I was the lucky one as my customer wanted both of them!

Now this is the one I really enjoyed making this weekend... a birthday card for a very lovely and much loved elderly friend of the family.  She makes such a fuss of any card I make it is a pure pleasure making a card for her.


Again cream pearlescent cardstock for my base card (w.18cm x h.14 cm) matted up with a rich purple cardstock and purple patterned paper.



 I tied a double bow with 4cm wide purple taffeta ribbon, which I wrapped round the purple cardstock, before gluing it to the base card.






The bling was a purchase I made whilst on holiday abroad recently.  It's really meant for ironing on to fabric but I couldn't see any reason why I couldn't use it on cardstock and at the price it was worth a try....it worked, phew!



Think you can just make out the delicate
colour wash on the  larger frame.

The label was the large frame from the Antique Frames & Accents Nestabilities die set which I washed round the edges of with a water pen and marker to get a gentle purple hue. Then I over laid it, slightly off centre, with the tag cut from the same set,  which I stamped first with my Happy Birthday text and then popped onto dimensionals.

Thank you for letting me share these with you.

Happy crafting.


Carol. x 









No comments:

Post a Comment