Translate

Thursday 10 May 2012

Rachel's 40th.

Hello again,

sorry it's been awhile since my last post but I've been on the most fantastic holiday to Kuala Lumpur and Borneo.  Home now (sigh!) and frantically trying to catch up with washing, work and all that's gone on whilst I've been away.  The great thing about being home again though is getting back into my craftroom and playing..... the first thing I do after every holiday is write up my travel journal.  It's a great way to round off a holiday and relive the fun.

As it was my friend, Rachel's 40th birthday as soon as I got home I had to set to and make her a card plus an extra one for another friend to give her. She loves my wedding stationery designs so I decided on a couple of white  cards for her and here they are:



This is the first one.... basically white pearlescent cardstock layered up with mirror card and then another layer of the white pearlescent cardstock. Next came a band of inch wide white taffeta.  Using two Marianne dies cut in the pearlescent cardstock, I layered the largest first, popped up on dimensionals, followed by the second, smaller one, again on dimensionals.

 I had some feathers left over from my last wedding stationery commission so I decided to use these to soften the card a little. Next I cut out a couple of numbers which I glittered up in white glitter... so far so good.  But could I leave it there... well no!.  I decided it all looked too white so out came my Tim Holtz Distressed ink which I gently dabbed on the glittered numbers to give a pale blue tinge.... and in my mind, spoilt the card.  My friend didn't agree as she chose this card in preference to the other card I made for Rachel.

So here is the card I ended up giving Rachel.....


As always the base card is white pearlescent cardstock but this time I used white grosgrain ribbon down the left-hand side, which I tied in a Chanel bow. To keep the bow neatly in place I always hide a couple of glue dots underneath the bow loops...works for me.  Down the right-hand side I used a simple edge punch and added a few half pearls where the design lent itself.  Another smaller piece of the white pearlescent card formed the base for my numbers, which I again glittered in white glitter ( but this time I had the sense to leave it at that). Although I usually like dimension on my cards I decided the numbers looked perfect glued in place rather than raised on dimensionals.

I like to add a flyleaf inside my cards which I usually secure in place with a little glue along the inside fold. I really liked the effect of the flyleaf on this card.  It softened the punched edge on this card nicely. A simple card but of the two I definitely liked this one the best.... and Rachel?  Bless her, she was chuffed with both.

Happy crafting,

   Carol. xx















































+

No comments:

Post a Comment