Translate

Saturday 7 April 2012

Matt’s Grungy Thank You

Hellooooo,
I’ve decided there is something in my nature that decides, if something is popular or in vogue then It’s not for me, I won’t follow the trend.  Inevitably I find myself coming round and because popular is usually popular for a reason, i.e.  the majority of people like it…well, then so do I eventually!!!  So a block buster  film will be resisted just for so long and likewise Tim Holtz.

 I have been increasingly intrigued by his techniques and the more I have watched, the more I have wanted to try.  Well I’ve resisted for the above reason and more particularly because it looked to me like you needed to be ‘arty’ and that I am not!  I copy well, I like clean lines and pretty, so grunge wasn’t for me.  But here I am trying it out again!



This card is a Good Luck for a male member of the family undertaking exams in the immediate future.  Pretty with clean lines is not going ‘to do’ for a boy so I embarked on Tim’s grunge this morning…..




As usual the base cardstock is pearlescent cream but layered with Rich Razzleberry and then the cream pearlescent again.  On the top layer I inked with a mixture of SU &  Distressed ink and spritzed  with water to make the background. Over the top, I stamped random script and flourishes, which I then embossed for texture and then finally spritzed again, but this time with glimmer mist for a bit of sparkle.


The Bliss text is mounted behind a TH fragment....
 I love working with these.

The large letters I stamped, then coated in Glossy Accents, before cutting out and popping onto the card with dimensionals. The rest of the text was from an old magazine, which I inked in a mixture of the background inks and then just glued randomly onto the card.



The flower was sticky-sided tissue tape which I inked then layered onto a 1inch circle of card covered in double-sided tape and then secured in the middle with aSU Antique Brad. I then spritzed the flower in shimmer mist and, whilst it was still wet, I ruffled the edges over my Rich Razzeberry ink pad for a bit of extra colour.



I bought an old replica ration book recently from the War Museum at Salford Quays ( you know one of those ’this will come in useful for crafting at some point’ kind of finds) and cut out a portion of the cover that said  ‘On her majesty’s service’ in the shape of a tag. I over stamped it with a background flourish  and a small bird from a SU stamp set for interest.  The Jumbo eyelet is also from SU.



The final details were the cog and spinner which I secured in place with a brad, a couple of black rhinestones to add a little bling to the flourishes (well, if I can’t use pearls I’ll use a rhinestone!) and a Tim Holtz fragment which I backed with some of the background cardstock over stamped with the Bliss stamp from SU and secured in place with Glossy Accents.



Well do I like the card?  I have to say I am not sure…. It all looks a little too ‘busy’ for m .  Was it fun to make and did I learn anything?  Well, the answer to those two questions is a resounding YES!

Happy crafting,

Carol.xx

Card Menu

Cardstock: Cream pearlescent 250gm. Rich Razzleberry (SU)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Mellow Moss & River Rock(SU)
       Crushed Oliver & old Paper (TimHoltz Distressed Inks), 
       Cabin Fever (Adirondack)
Stamps: Bliss(SU), Giant Alphabet (Stampman I think), Script (Image Tree), 
               Urban Chic (Stamps Anonymous)
Accessories: Glossy Accents, Detail Clear embossing powder(Stamp it stuff),
                      News print letters ( my partners puzzle compendulum magazine – hope she doesn’t         
                      notice too soon!)
                      Jumbo eyelet & antique brad (SU), 
                      Tissue tape, game spinner & gear (Tim Holtz idea-ology)



No comments:

Post a Comment