Translate

Sunday 1 April 2012

A Little Birdie...

Hellooooo,
I have a very dear Geocaching buddy who loves birding almost as much as crafting.  As it’s her birthday whilst I’m away on holiday soon, I set to today to make her card. I can’t remember where it was on my blog-surfing that I came across the idea for my card ( if I do I’ll post the credits) but when I saw it I just knew that I would have to have a go at making making my version of it, as it was perfect for her.




I made a template for the bird (a bit pigeon like?) and basically fiddled about until I had the wings positioned as I liked them. Once the template was created I set to, to cut out my bird in blue simmer cardstock.  I cut the body out twice and glued both together to give the body a wee bit more rigidity. Then inked the edges with SU Baja Breeze ink and over-stamped with my favourite SU background stamp, again in SU Baja Breeze ink.  I also added a long flourish down the back of the bird and long the body edge of each wing.


You can just make out the flourish along the edge of each wings
 and up the back of the bird 






PapertreyInk have a lovely stamp set called Floral Frenzy and I used one of the petals stamps out of the set to create ‘feathers’ along each wing. I stamped and cut out another eight individual petals which I cut out and popped onto dimensionals at the end of each wing.




I passed the crown through my Cuttlebug, in the Swiss dots embossing folder, then used a great product call Glass Effect Gel for the embellishment.  The eyes were small buttons with  SU rhinestones glued in place with Crystal Accents.  Eleven blue Meiflower pearls formed the collar around the neck  on each side of the bird.



I came across a wonderfull y  flamboyant necklace in a shop in Chipping Camden last year that I knew would be fabulous for chopping up for crafting…. the dangling worm in the bird’s beak is one of the links from this necklace.


The base-card for the card is the same cardstock as I used for  the bird but overlaid with a small piece of SU paper which I inked the edges of with SU Baja Breeze ink, stamped with the SU script background stamp and in the bottom left-hand corner stamped with a lovely ivy stamp.








The leaf and rose ribbon (which were originally white) I spritzed with a mixture of SU Baja Breeze re-inker and alcohol, dried with my heat gun then misted with glitter powder before setting the roses with a cream pearl in the centre.  The butterfly and bee were stamped in SU Nearly Navy ink for contrast, embossed with a clear embossing powder and  finally edged with ColourBox cat’s eye classic pigment.




I like an inside leaf in my cards so inside I stamped one corner of the leaf with the same ivy corner stamp I used on the outside of the card, then  stamped ‘Best Wishes’ using a stamp from the SU Tiny Tags set. Before stamping the text I removed ink from the floral frame around the text with a blender pen, which left just the words inked.


So what do you think?  Certainly like no other card I've made before but great fun to do.... now for a box to pop it in..... Happy crafting


Carol.xx.


Card Menu.


Cardstock: Blue shimmer cardstock from stash
Paper: SU Neutrals
Ink: Baja Breeze(SU) peacock & Harbour (ColourBox Classic Pigment Cats eyes)
Stamps: Tiny Tags, En Francais (SU), Ivy corner stamp(stash), Floral Frenzy(Papertreyink)
Ribbon: Leaf and rose ribbon (stash)
Accessories: Swiss dots embossing folder, Blue pearls (Meiflower), Rhinestones (SU), Pearl buttons(stash), Pearl spray(stash)


No comments:

Post a Comment