Translate

Thursday 23 February 2012

Lulu's Birthday

I made this card awhile ago now and had it squirrelled away until Lulu's birthday, yesterday...Just wish I could always be that organised...lol.  As her birthday has now passed I'm sure she won't mind me publishing it.

 The base cardstock is pearescent cream on which I printed Lulu's name, decoupaging the two L's and popping them on dimensionals. All the letters were then edged with SU glitter.  I edged with a little lace from my stash and used taffeta ribbon ( The Ribbon Girl) to make the bow. 


The lace flourish  behind the bow and tucked inside one of the L's is from a Memory Box die cut given to me  recently by a friend (Thanks Jennifer).  The die is called Floral Circle ( it's absolutely gorgeous) but I snipped it in places to break up the circle. The die cut was originally white but I dabbed on a hint of  lilac Colour Box pigment chalk to tie in with the lilac the colour theme and a few tiny SU cream pearls ( I love these little  pearls). 

 The Happy birthday tag was stamped with a sentiment from the SU Tiny Tags set in SU's Rich Razzleberry ink, then covered with a Crystal Effects adhesive tag shape and trimmed to size, and finally popped onto a couple of dimensionals.



 The little bit of flourish tucked behind the layered L was a left-over trimming from the memory Box die cut. Just couldn't face throwing it in the bin!  One tiny glue dot later and it was secure, complete with pearl, behind the decouparged L.  

Finally I  put three 3mm SU cream pearls in the top right-hand corner of the card, as I thought this area looked a little 'vacant' when the card was done.....Hope you like it.

Happy crafting

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment