Translate

Thursday 23 February 2012

Belated Valentines Post........

This is a little something I put together for my partner for Valentines Day..... Firstly I made a pink gift bag from an envelope then filled it with eleven little Origami boxes. In each box I put a die cut letter spelling out the present. As a fan of  X Factor it just had to be tickets to the X Factor Live Tour! It was fun seeming the bemused face and puzzlement as my partner tried to make the letters spell out the expected words of endearment!

This is the sweet little card that I made..... just very simple but I hoped, rather cute. The idea popped into my head whilst sorting out some embroidery beads and I came across a little pouch of sequines and the hematite beads and heart that I'd obviously saved.  I threaded the sequines and beads onto a single grey thread which I secured just in from the fold and used a tiny glue dot to secure the heart in place. The text was computer generated onto a scrap of cardstock and then glued (no dimensional). Oh, the cardstock itself was hammered white.  As the card measured 7.5cm x 8.5cm I didn't have a matching envelope so I made one....and Bob's your Uncle (as they say).


But it wouldn't be Valentine's Day without words of endearment from the heart so I made this little booklet tin to send my words of love.  The tin I decorated at my friend Maria's ( Thanks Maria, love all your wonderful designs) but took it a little further by adding some texture to the flower by using embossing powder and heat embossing the word love on the tin lid and some of the flowers on the stamped background paper. Difficult to see on the picture but I also added some of SU's tiniest pearls to the centre of the flowers too.


Using the tin as my template I created a booklet in a rich red card stock which I then covered in SU paper, chalking the edges to add some interest.  Using punches I cut out some tags and labels, printed my own personal words of why my partner means so much to me on the tags and labels and finally added a few punched-out hearts to give the finishing touches. Some hearts were glued in place whilst others were popped with a dimensional as I had to take care not to increase the hight too much so that it wouldn't all come together and fit inside the tin.......



I loved using the SU paper so much I decided to make this second card. I purposefully left off any sentiment so I could add it to my stash to use later.


 I rather liked the way it complimented the Love Tin when I put them together but as I'd already made the hematite heart card I had a wee dilemma which to choose....lol

Have fun crafting.....

Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment