Translate

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Multifaceted - Journal Page



Hi again,

today I’m sharing a journal page I made last week whilst I was working on my ‘Be Open’ journal page.  As you know, if you’ve been reading my posts, I’m taking part in France Papillon’s ALAD/ASAW Challenge and, by only doing a layer a day, it leaves plenty of time to work on other pieces or projects along side the weekly challenge piece. 

Although I’ve been following the challenge from the start I only actually started making and posting recently. Because I’m enjoying the participation so much I’m now trying to catch up on the earlier weeks that I missed.

This journal page is for Week 19 of the Challenge. The theme that week was, "How would you describe yourself".  In answer I decided I was multifaceted.

Here is my journal page.........


It’s a very simple page, so the creating process didn’t take me long to do.  I worked on a piece of drawing paper previously removed from my thinned down Moleskine art journal.  I cut down slightly, so that the finished page would fit when backed with black card and pasted back into my art journal.

I used Ranger Distress Ink (seedless preserve) and water to create drip page across the page.   



Next I applied random torn strips of Ranger washi tape over the coloured area.




I can never resist adding machine stitching, so out came my sewing machine and starting at the centre on one side, I added several lines of wavy stitching over the coloured area. A line of stitching went around the outside of my page too.



For my shapes, I hand drew triangles of various sizes onto 300gsm cold pressed watercolour paper  and painted them using Ranger Distress Stains (seedless preserve, forrest green, milled lavender, spiced marmalade) applied with a paint brush.  



I had the urge to emboss the edges of the triangles (don’t ask me why!) but, as I wanted to keep the page looking fairly delicate, I chose Stamping UP Fine Detail Embossing Powder (clear) and applied several layers until I had the look I wanted.  These were then glued randomly onto the page using Ranger Multi Medium (matt).


You can just make out the clear embossing around the edge of each shape in this picture.
Seed beads are my current joy at the moment. Using a fine detailed applicator I adhered lavender coloured seed beads to the page following some of the wavy stitch lines.



To finish off, I added a computer generated sentiment, inked the edges with milled lavender and seedless preserve, and layered it on to of a piece of torn, dyed gauze. I used milled lavender to dye my gauze.



As ever I backed the page with black card to frame the journal page and added two tiny tags. My usual date tag and the other to indicate the page was a ALAD/ASAW Challenge piece.

Here are a couple more pictures if you're interested....







Thanks for reading and happy crafting,


Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment