Translate

Sunday 8 April 2018

Splatters -Tags

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned a couple of Visible Image stamps recently and today I'm going to mention another, the Ink Splats stamp set.



Splatters are like marmite, you either love them or hate them.  I happen to be a bit of a soft touch when it comes to spatters. That being said it took me ages to find the right stamp set to add to my collection... well, that was until I saw this one by Visible Image.  It's gives the perfect array of spatters or at least it does for me. There are five stamps in the set so you have plenty to choose  from. 

Here are a couple of tags I made using this set:


Both used Veerle Moreels' 'go to' technique for the backgrounds (A Coloured Mind blog).  For my paint I choose Windsor & Newton Cotman water colour paints (Sap Green, Indigo Blue).

On this tag...


I layered a small piece of card onto black card before mounting it onto dimensional foam pad and attaching it to my tag.  The splatters were added to the top layer by using both Sweet Poppy Pearlescent Stencil Paste through the Ranger splatters stencil, as well as being stamped using the Visible Image Ink Splatters stamp.

A tiny ceramic heart tile was added for focus using Glossy Accents.

On my second tag the spatters are more extensive.....


Again I used Sweet Poppy Pearlescent Stencil Paste through the Rangers Splatters stencil to create my spatters and to give some texture to the background.  To added a little more depth, I went round each splatter with a charcoal pencil, gently blending it out with a stubby. 


On top on of the main splatter I added a little piece of torn Mulberry Paper, a circle of green wire from my stash and a little red heart, coloured using Stamping Up markers and glazed with Glossy Accents.

Both tags were backed with black card and a tiny date tag added to the ribbon on each with a jump ring.  To remind myself that Veerle had provided the inspiration for my tags I added another tiny tag to each jump ring.

I really enjoy working with these two Newton & Windsor watercolours, they blend and compliment each other so well.  I also love how this pearlescent stencil paste gives a faint shimmer and texture to my projects, without being too prominent and leaves the overall look soft.

Thanks for letting me share my post with you today.

Happy crafting.

Carol. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment