Is anyone like me and missing Tim's monthly tag challenge? I couldn't always play along in time to post a tag by the deadline and be included in the challenge on a given month, but I invariably managed to make a tag and try out the technique that Tim was showcasing..... I'm bereft without my monthly challenge but I am bearing up (Sigh).
Anyway enough joking, here are a couple of tags I've made this week. Sorry no 'as you go' pictures just a couple of the end results. Hope you like them?
My first tag was supposed to be a trial run for my Valentines tag this year but I decided I didn't like it enough when it was finished.
Basic size 8 manilla tag covered with Vintage Artistry papers and Ranger washy tape. I tried embossing my texture paste with thick Stampendous embossing powder but it came out a little smudged for my liking. More Stampendous embossing powder went around the edges of the tag.. this time with a touch more gold.
The main inking was done with Broken China DS which I also used to dye my dyed seam binding from my stash.
The winged heart was inked with alcohol ink and put in place with dimensional pads and a touch of Glossy Accents for added security. I added a layer of delicate white feathered ribbon and blue cotton threads behind it, before sticking it into place.
A few Ranger Remnant Rubs were dotted here and there for interest.
I was actually quite pleased how this tag turned out as I was working on it in tandem with my other tag, basically using an old discarded tag as my 'mop-up' tag. By the time I'd finished I'd fallen in love with the colour and texture I'd created along the way on this tag and decided to finish it off.
I used a crackle stamp inked in Ultramarine archival ink on the top and Stampendous thick embossing powder on the corners and edges and also thought a stencil to create the numbering. I definitely need more practise at this as it turned out 'smudgy' again.
I used Ranger Remnant Rubs here and there for interest and a metal ornate corner to accentuate the lovely postcard ephemera card. Behind this is more of the white feathered ribbon used in my earlier tag.
Finally to be in keeping with the correspondence theme, out came a TH pen nib which I lightly coloured with blue alcohol ink. A ruler ephemera piece was covered with lace ribbon from my stash and then criss crossed with twine before being secured in place with an SU decorative brad.
Here are the two tags together...... again both backed with black card to frame them.
Have a great weekend crafting if you get the chance to play and thanks for stopping by.