Translate

Saturday 25 February 2017

Journal Page

Hi Everyone,

I was adding labels to all my blog posts this afternoon and realised that whilst I made quite a lot of journal pages, I don't post them.... or at least not many.  So I thought I'd share my absolute favourite journal page of all time.


I made it in March last year, so I haven't the foggiest what colours I used.... I was just playing subconsciously and it materialised. It will have been a blend of Ranger DI, water splattering and heavy misting with Briscotti spray (just love how it gives the page a gentle glimmer and the same splatter effect that water has on DI).
 I used a TH stencil on both the size 8 manilla tag attached to the LHS of my page and also on the main journal page. I adore the look of vellum and especially when you rip and ink the edges, so a little bit of this went onto both pages.
I used Ranger Remnant Rubs all over this journal page (not a stamped image in sight!)  with a little freehand doodling around the edge, as you can see above. There's also a Finnebair numeral and some clock parts that I bought off the internet... I love how delicate these are and use them all the time, either on their own or layered onto Idea-ology cogs and gears.

Here are a few more pictures ......

I  have a tiny alphabet set that I used to stamp the word 'Fractured' on my vellum. I also used a gold gel pen on the distressed edges of my tag, to tie it in with the gold glimmer of the Briscotti splatters..

 A close up of the clock parts working with the Idea-ology cogs and gears.....love them!
This one shows the inking on the edge of the vellum strip more clearly... also the brown inking behind the stencil peeking through.

I actually learnt a lot with this page..... it showed me that if I just go with the flow that sometimes, just sometimes, I can fall in love with the end result.  Easier said than done most days but on this day in March last year it came together....lol (Smile).

Have a wonderful weekend and if you get chance, play!

Hugs 


Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment