Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Altered box


Hi everyone, 

I was given a small, three drawer wooden box a couple of months ago and as soon as I saw it, I knew how I wanted to alter it and what I was going to use it for.

I was lucky enough to attend one of the Gentleman Crafter's courses and made this Archivist's album....



It sits in my craft room and is lovingly stroked from time to time.

When I received the little drawer set I thought it would be an ideal stand for the album, especially as I had some of the paper left over from the course and an unused 6 x 6 paper pad in my stash. These papers are simply gorgeous........



This was a really easy project to do as the drawers were predominantly white and I knew I didn't want grungy. The white would tone in with the rest of my craft room......yes, I know, who has a white craft room?  My answer, it's a blank canvas (Smile).



And here it is......   



Side view........





Back view......




Close up of the drawer front with a couple of TH accoutrements...






Inside..... the drawers are painted with black gesso. The outside was left the original white colour but also got a light coat of white gesso before the paper was glued on with Multi Matt Medium. Once finished I gave the whole thing a coat of Multi Matt Medium to seal it.



And here it is next to the album.  A really quick and easy project but I'm really happy with the end result. My album now sits happily on top of it's own set of drawers......

Happy crafting everyone,

Carol, xx





















No comments:

Post a Comment