Translate

Monday 30 November 2015

November Tag - Tim’s Tag Challenge



Yow! Talk about taking it to the wire. Only a couple of hours left before this month’s challenge closes and I’m posting by interpretation of Tim’s tag.  How late can you get! Time just got away from me this month, what with Christmas shopping, three lots of weekend guests, a long weekend away in Edale and a trip to Prague plus the day job, time has just flown.

So, not wanting to fail the challenge of completing and posting all of Tim’s 2015 tags that I set myself at the start of the year, I ignored everything when I got into tonight and settled down to make my November tag and here it is….





Very festive but then I love this time of the year and it was a good excuse to dig out my Christmas Blueprint stamp set and play. I love the little toy soldier in this set so I knew exactly what my theme was going to be.  I stamped him several times and after adding a touch of colour I layered his hat, plume, gloves and boots.  




I used Tim’s dry emboss technique on his belt, braces and gloves before giving his belt and braces a dab of Champagne Mist all purpose ink for a little glimmer. I used Glossy Accents to shine up his boots, gloves, braces and hat plume….doesn’t he look dapper?


For my background I used a gorgeous background stamp called Background Swirls (JustRite I think) and applied Lettuce Adirondack Earthtones paint with a brayer… the effect was amazing.  



Next came Pumice Stone Distress Stain  with a dash of Vintage Photo and Crushed Olives Distress Ink to highlight the edges.

Showing the water droplets
And a close up to show the lovely effect of adding the Distress Ink to the edges...love it, love it, love it!

I don’t have any Ranger Foil (I think Santa is bringing me some though) I improvised with Treasure Gold Wax Gilt to give a hint of gold to the edges of my tag. The cork was replaced with a some brown woodgrain textured card from my stash, which got the sameTreasure Gold treatment to tie it in with the tag. 




My sentiment was cut using the Sizzix Just a Note alphabet set. Unfortunately Tim’s technique wouldn’t work with these dies, so again I improvised and just cut the letters, dashed a hint of the Champagne Mist across them before glueing them to the woodgrain textured card and fixing four minute brads to each corner.

I used Tim’s Holiday Greens dies for my foliage, adding a little fine holographic glitter and Fluff it for the snow effect…. this latter product is wonderful. The snow looks so realistic once it’s been heated with a heat gun and fluffs up. 

I added a few Ranger stars here and there, plus some tiny self adhesive red dots as berries… oh and a few green ones here and there too.  To complete my sentiment…….Christmas dreams…. I used a square brad from my stash which I adhered with hot glue to my foliage.




Finally a little bright red organza ribbon to complete my tag… et Voila!  No time this month, before I post, to back my tag with black card-stock or to add my little charm of Tim’s logo but I will be doing that before I set to with Tim’s December tag….All go!!!!


I have to own up that I forgot to stamp the blueprint detail until I'd almost finished my tag and ended up adding it in with a pigment marker pen as I didn't trust my stamping ability....not great but there's a saying about imperfection I believe!
Thanks so much for stopping by to have a look at my efforts this month. I love your comments so if you have a moment and want to, please leave me one. I’d really love to hear from you.

Meanwhile happy crafting …. and Happy Christmas everyone.

Hugs,

Carol. x


Ingredients
Stamps - Christmas blueprint (Stampers Anonymous), Background Swirls,(JustRite?)
Inks - Walnut Stain, Hickory Smoke, Ground Expresso, Spun Sugar, Vintage Photo, Crushed     
           Olive(Ranger), Black (Archival), Champagne Mist (SU)
Markers - Real red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze (SU)
Paint - Lettuce (Adirondack Earthtones)
Miscellaneous - Treasure Gold Wax Gilt, heat gun, Glossy Accents, brads (Ranger & stash).
Paper - Watercolour, coloured & wood grain textured cardstock (stash), manilla tag (Ranger)size.
Dies - Holiday greens (Tim Holtz), Just a note alphabet (Sizzix) 


1 comment: