I'd like to share a wedding card that I've made this evening. I was asked to make it at very short notice by a friend and as I didn't have much time it needed to be something quite simple. This is what I came up with....
I decided to work on pearlised cream and white card stock so that I
could use some wedding script card that I had in my stash... it's gorgeous white card (approx. 270grm) with embossed silver text of the wedding ceremony...... and some wide, light cream taffeta ribbon (Ribbon Girl).
You can see the script better in this next picture......
My base card was white pearlised 280grm card, matted with silver mirror board raised with dimensionals and then again with more pearlised white. I used double sided tape to secure the pearlised white card layer to the mirror board. The matting was finishing off with the silver script card on top. All the layers had the corners 'nipped' with my Friskers corner cutter.
The floral flourish was cut in pearlised white card using the Divine Florals die and decorated with tiny, tiny white delicate pearls. I used Glossy Accents in a Fineline applicator to adhere the floral flourish to the script card and although the pearls are self adhesive I added a touch of Glossy Accents to these too for added security.
My image was stamped on cream pearlised card firstly with Versamark and then embossed in white fine detail embossing powder (Stamping Up). I really loved how the white detail of the stamp stood out on the cream card....very simple but effective. The image was 'fussy' cut and raised on dimensional.
The wide, light cream taffeta ribbon was threaded under one side of the floral flourish and over the other side before the flourish was glued in place. I gathered a small piece of pale cream vintage lace from my stash to make a rosette and popped this behind my hand tied bow. Then I added a white organza ribbon 'rose' to the centre of my bow using hot glue. The final touches were a white pearl to the centre of the organza rose and a couple of strands of cream stamens.
I like to add an insert to my cards so this card was lined with white pearlised paper to match the base card. The verse was computer generated in a copperplate font in pale grey to keep everything delicate.. ...I think black is way, way too harsh.
Finally I made a box and using the same die, cut a label for the top which was also decorated with tiny tiny white pearls. You can see the light grey colour of the font in more detail in the picture below.
I was really pleased how well the pearlised cream and white card work together. Certainly the cream taffeta ribbon and vintage lace worked in pulling everything together because they were so pale and the tiny white pearls kept things delicate and tied in with the fine detail of the image.
Thanks for letting me share this card with you. I hoped you liked it. Please feel free to leave me a comment as I love hearing from you.