I knew what I wanted to create in my head but I wasn’t too sure how to get the look I wanted for the background, so I set to experimenting on three watercolour card tags at the same time. This background gave me the look I wanted for this tag but as I liked the other two as well, I decided use them for two more tags based on similar themes that came to mind as I created my first tag....if you can follow that!
The "drippage" is straw-blown black indian ink, which I used again along with some gesso for my splatters. The pink striped paper underlaying the background was a sheet of paper from Wedding Collection by K&C Company. The metal eyelet and antique brad are from SU.
For some reason I'm drawn to hearts and at the moment I’m loving crackle paint, so that seems to be going on everything this tag being no exception. The two hearts were painted with Fired Brick Distress Ink and edged in Black Soot Distress Ink before receiving a generous coating of Crackle Paint. I wrapped some silver floristry wire around the larger of the too.
The key was in my stash and as it was pretty much the colour I wanted it didn't really need much attention other than to drip some black alcohol ink onto it and then give it a rub over with a little Picket Fence Distress paint to soften the look before gluing it in place with trusty old Glossy Accents.
I used some randomly placed Ranger Tissue tape, mostly around the edges, secured with Multi Matt Medium for added security. I also enjoyed combining my other love and added a little hand stitching here and there.
Finally to keep the back of my tag neat I backed it with black card-stock. It helps frame the tag too.
Right I'm off to play with other two tag and, of course, my crackle paint again.....
Bye for now,