Translate

Monday 5 March 2012

Mother's day Cards

Hellooooo,


I've had a brilliant weekend.  On Saturday I had my collections of wedding stationary photographed by a professional photographer in readiness for my website and for a wedding fayre I'm doing in Manchester at the end of March (my first ! Very excited).  A little extravagant but worth it, as you've seen my attempts with the camera on this blog.... they're not good! I'll share details of the website when it's up and running.


On Sunday I sat down to make three (yep, three) mother's day cards.  My mum adores fine lace and frills so this is her card......


The base card is cream pearlescent 250 gm. cardstock, layered with a pale pastel green, almost a mint green, pearlescent card. Along the bottem is my cream Guipure lace (isn't it gorgeous) over which I layered a pastel green taffeta ribbon.  This ribbon has a real lustre to it and is just catching the light in the picture.


I tied a double bow on the left hand-side so there is a double layer of ribbon here to try and add a little more detail. You can just see it in the picture above.



I used Spellbinders Labels 8 in pearlescent cream cardstock as the base of my next layer but inked the edge very, very gently with Baja Breeze ink, then layered another die cut from the same Spellbinders set but this time in the green. Then a Marianne die cut for the next decorative oblong layer.  On top of that was another die from the Spellbinders Parisian Accents set and a plain circle on which I computer generated my text.


All the die cuts were very gently inked with Baja Breeze around the edges.   I also cut corner embellishments from the Spellbinders Parisian Accents set and these too were inked.  A couple of cream pearls in different sizes were dotted where my eye took the fancy and voila....


Looking at this card again, I think I would have layered the Spellbinders 8 die cuts slightly differently.....I'd make my first labels 8 layer smaller so that there is less of the cream showing. But either way I'm sure my mum will love the card and this is the sentiment I popped inside.....

             "  Most of the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds.
               Plenty of roses, sunsets, rainbows, colleagues and friends...   But only one mother or mum!
               You're my Special mum and I hope you feel as loved as you certainly are"




This was card number two......


Again the cream pearlescent cardstock for the base card but this time layered up with a pearlescent lilac card.  

Then another cream layer but this time I chalked the edges with lilac chalk before glueing on another layer of the cream that I'd embossed. Finally topped with my deep lilac taffeta ribbon which I wrapped round this layer before popping it onto dimensionals. 

Just look as the gorgeous simmer of this taffeta ribbon.

The bow is a double bow but the ribbon on this side of the card is single layered, which is different from the card above.... I needed to be a little frugal with the ribbon to make sure I had enough for my third card.  Think I'll be visiting the Ribbon Girl again soon!






For the next layer I again used the Spellbinders labels 8 die cut set and created a frame in the cream and once again chalked the edges very lightly in lilac chalk. I backed the frame with the lilac card on which I'd glittered a deep line and dimensionalised the word mum on top.  I covered plain card with some floral rosebud paper before die cutting the letters, then using a glue pen and glitter I glitzed the edges. The other words on this layer were foil embossed freehand, again in lilac, using a foil pen. A couple of plain cream daisy flowers with a deep lilac pearl finished it off.


Finally my third card,




Again I worked on the lilac theme (hence needing to be careful with the lilac taffeta ribbon).  This card is a mix of both the earlier cards. My top layer is slightly different from the first card in that I used the same size Spellbinders labels 8 die for both the cream and the lilac cardstock but this time I cut the cream layer in half and glued it behind the lilac so that less of the chalked cream border showed... the effect was much better (we live and learn!).  I also angled the Perisian Accents flourish slightly (Hmmm, seemed a good idea at the time but not so sure now...lol).


Hope my three mums like the cards as much as I had fun making them.


Hugs


Carol.xx




Cardstock: Cream Pearlescent 250gm. Centura pastel green & lilac.
Paper: From stash.
Ink: Baja Breeze(SU)
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 8 & Parisian Accents. Marianne.
Punches: Plain circle
Accessories: Damask  embossing folder. Lilac & pale pastel green taffeta (Ribbon Girl), cream Guipure lace (Ribbonbox). Cream pearls(SU).lilac chalk (Color Box). Foil Master pen ( The National Gold Card Co).



No comments:

Post a Comment