I had one of 'those' days yesterday... you know, one of those days when a close friend is in urgent need of a card and you're in the office all day and out for the evening straight from work. And too boot, the card is a SPECIAL card, a sister's 50th birthday card, so you just can't just grab one from your stash! I can't say no to a friend in need too, so it was up with the sparrows again this morning to pull a card together before dashing off to work.
If you think you've seen the design of this card before....like yesterday... you're not mistaken. It’s a copy of the card I made yesterday morning but with a few added extras. You can't tell from the photograph but it's a much bigger card (16.5cm x 16.5cm) so I made a box from the same pearlescent cardstock, instead of an envelope, and tucked it inside wrapped in white tissue paper.
This time I embossed the sentiments medallion with Tim Holtz distressed ink and transparent embossing powder. (I only realised recently you could use this ink to emboss with.... I'm always learning... How great is that!) I love the effect and think it's a definite improvement over yesterdays card.
I decided on a more intense rose pink for the colour theme too and as the Mr & Mrs paper has a glittered, embossed flourish over it I wanted to use that effect to tie in with the 50. I didn't have any chipboard numerals so I decided on shrink plastic. Using the Papermania stamps, I stamped out the numbers onto the shrink plastic, shrunk it, sprayed it with adhesive and glitzed it up with white sparkly glitter, finally using a couple of dimensionals to pop it into place on the card.
The ribbon was much wider than the one I used yesterday and was wired ( I love the effect wire ribbon has when it's 'plumped up' and hence making a box for this card rather than using an envelope, I didn't want the ribbon to crush). Again I used the ribbon between my layers but this time matted a decorative strip, cut from Parisian Accents die set over the top. Before using doubled sided sticky tape to secure the decorative strip on top of the ribbon I chalked the edges with a mix of lilac and thistle chalk.......Phew job done and one happy friend!