Translate

Wednesday 24 October 2018

You are enough - Journal Page continued and finished

Hi everyone,

my post today is to show the last few layers of my You Are Enough journal page and the finished spread.

This is how it looked previously, after I'd added a little texture to the page using modelling paste and a mini square grid stencil.



I decided more texture was needed. So my next layer was Ranger Clear Rock Candy crackle paint which I applied with a palette  knife between the strips and left the page to air dry so the crackle paint could do it's wondrous thing.

When dry, I coated each strip with Ranger Distress Glaze to protect them as best I could from the wet medium I was going to apply next. Dylusions ink sprays are water reactive and the strips were cut from a left over piece of background that I'd created using these sprays.

With the glaze in place and the crackle paint now dry, I set to and dripped a mix of Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent watercolour paints  between the strips and into the crackles left by the crackle paint. There was some seepage under the strips despite the glaze but I actually liked the effect.......



There was a minuscule piece of the original background left over which was just big enough to create a tag as my focal point. The  tail end of thread, from where I had bound my art journal together, gave me the idea as it stuck out from the middle of the page. Rather than snip it off I decided it could hold a tag in place. I added a coloured eyelet to the top of the tag and edged it with a little scrap of torn tissue paper and hydrangea coloured Archival ink.


 I liked the look of the hydrangea ink, torn tissue paper and eyelet on the tag so did the same on the main page.....


Adding the tag to one side of the spread, as a focal point, unbalanced it, so I needed to add something to the opposite page. Using a Ranger word band I applied a little white gesso and some PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paint (Inky Pool) to give it  colour. I computer generated my sentiment onto a scrap of card and did the same to that. The baby-wipe I used to wipe off some of the excess paint and gesso looked great, so after drying it with a heat tool and distressing it a little that too was used.

The now dry baby-wipe was layered over with a little coloured tissue paper then the word band and then the sentiment. I used double sided tape to secure all the layers together and then a couple of coloured brads for decoration.  The same layering was used on the tag.



To finish off I added some rings here and there plus the obligatory splatters, both using white gesso.



I was really happy with how this page came together. More so for  utilising a left over piece of background that had been in my stash for awhile because I couldn't quite bring myself to consign to the bin.... glad I hadn't now. I love the texture and the colours too.

If you remember the theme for the week 42 ALAD/ASAW challenge was what would you say to your younger self. I decided I would say; "you are enough, just be yourself". Hence my chosen sentiment for the page.



I hope you liked the page and enjoyed reading the process of how it came together. Thanks so much for popping by and hope to see you again soon.



Happy crafting,

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment