Translate

Sunday 14 October 2018

PO ICAD - Snow House

Morning everyone, 

a very quick post today to show you another ICAD that I made recently. Sorry there aren't any step by  step pictures to share for this one but I thought I'd share it as it was a new technique for me.

Ok, here's the ICAD....



First of all the image, the snow house was embossed using white EP.  Then various coloured Distress inks and oxides were smeared on a craft mat and very gently spritzed with water until the ink activates by forming TINY droplets. Less water is added to the ink than you would for the wrinkle free technique.

Now take your card, curve it slightly and very gently dab the curved surface to the droplets. Tiny spots of ink should only adhere to the small curved area of card. Keep touching the card to the droplets until you have the desired look, slightly altering the curve in the card to build up the tiny ink spots on the surface.  The desired look is to fill your card with tiny, tiny spots of coloured ink. The ink will touch the embossed image but the EP will act as a resist.

I think the three colours of Distress inks I used were Weathered Wood, Tumbled Glass and Broken China but you can use any combo.

There is definitely a knack to this technique (and one I need a bit more practise at) but the effect looks lovely and works well as a snow or wintery scene.  I stamped fir trees over my background using a Lavinia stamp and a mask to create the undulating hillside.

Simple but effective. If you've not tried this technique why not give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting.

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment