Translate

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Elements - Journal Page

Hi everyone,

this journal page materialised after some playtime in my craft room yesterday. I had no idea what I wanted to do or where I was going when I sat down at my desk... I just let it evolve. It wasn't until I photographed the completed page for the blogpost this morning that I even decided on the orientation... crazy but fun.

Here it is.... (hidden) Elements......




Unfortunately as I was just playing I didn't take any photographs along the way, but I can talk you through the process if you're interested: Firstly I used one of the pages thinned from my Moleskine art journal and with some Windsor & Newton watercolour paint (sap green) I created a wash in the centre of the page using an acrylic sheet.

Next, using a Crafters Workshop Stencil (mini specimens) and Sweet Poppy Dimensional Paste (pearlescent) I created some random dimension in two opposite corners. 




Then in all four corners of the page, using the Viva Las Vegastamp (scribbled circle) and Ranger Distress Oxide ink (peeled paint), I did some secondary stamping. Stamping-off first  onto a piece of scrap card and then onto my page, to get a more subtle, softer image.




A couple of lines of machine stitching went around the outside edges for interest. 




A roughly torn piece of vellum was inked with both Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink (peeled paint) and a piece of map paper from Tim Holtz's Correspondence 12 x 12 Designer Paper Pad received the same treatment. 



I layered the vellum, then the map paper, and finally a piece of bark brought home from a recent holiday in the Azores using Golden Heavy Gel (matt).



My title was computer generated onto a piece of scrap card, edged with Distress Ink (peeled paint) and glued in place with matt gel. 

To finish off my page I edged it with peeled paint, backed it with black card and added a tiny date tag secured in place with a small green brad.

A very simple and easy page.  I love the colour and can see the scribbled circle stamp being a new favourite. I've almost used up all of the gorgeous bark that I brought home from the Azores earlier this year, but not quite. It's not destined for any more tags or journal pages though, as I've earmarked it for embellishing a nature junk journal that's on my craft desk at the moment.....more of that in a couple of weeks.   

That's all for today. Hope you liked my journal page. Thank you for letting me share it with you.



Happy crafting


Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment