Just a quick post this morning to share with you a tag I made recently for that special person in my life.
If you’ve visited my blog before you’ll know already that my partner and I don’t buy cards for each other for our milestone events or Valentine’s Day etc. We make something, whether it’s a card, tag, piece of artwork and/or a present.... that doesn’t mean to say we don’t buy presents and the odd card when the mood take us, but most of the time we’d rather have fun getting inky and turning the ‘playroom’ upside down creating something for each other.
So this was my ‘card’ for our anniversary recently.... or rather my tag.
The top layer was a piece of card left over from another project, so really it was just a case of making the base tag fit in with the colour scheme. Sorry to say that I can’t remember what colours I used (hence the quick post!) but it was Distress Ink smooched onto my crafting mat, spritzed with water and daubed in the inky deliciousness, al la Tim Holtz.
The Ranger Spritzer came out again to rain water droplets onto the base tag before it was randomly stamped ..... I’m doing better this time as I do recall the script stamp was from the new Stampers Anonymous Entomology stamp set.
I edged the tag with blue Distress Ink whilst the edges were wet to get seepage.
My tiny red hearts were coloured using various Stamping Up markers (Blushing Bride, Real Red and Rich Razzleberry to mention a few), edged with a black Faber Castell Big Brush marker and coated with Glossy Accents. After air drying overnight, I again used the Glossy Accents to adhere them to a twist of silver wire from my stash.
My sentiment was computer generated and backed onto black card, as was my tag after the top layer was set in place using dimensional foam pads. The seam binding was dyed using the same SU markers that I used for colouring the hearts. One final task to complete my project was the tiny date tag attached with a jump ring to my dyed seam binding. Friday 13th might be unlucky for some but not for us....lol.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please pop in tomorrow as I'll be sharing my project for this week's Artful Evidence Blog challenge. The theme(s) this week is tea/coffee. Somehow my project ended up being a twist on that theme for some reason (Hmmm wonder why!) but there is a wee tale behind it.
Have a lovely day crafting if you can get into your inks and paints today and see you soon.